Our goal is to customize a program to meet the needs of our audience. Our courses are suitable for ophthalmologists, optometrists, opticians, administrative personnel, technicians, and billing staff.
These programs vary in length. Each program is taught with a comprehensive handout that will be a valuable resource long after the program is over. We offer full-day programs, half-day programs, and brief one to three hour programs. They can be conducted during the day, evening, weekdays or weekends.
We are pleased to offer JCAHPO, COE, and AAPC credits for many of our programs. A processing charge will be made for JCAHPO approved courses. Please be sure to ask about continuing education credits for your program.
Onsite training is performed at a specific practice for their specific staff. It is not open to the public and the agenda for the day is carefully planned to meet the objectives of the practice. The setting is small and intimate, allowing for one-on-one sessions or Q&A with specific physicians and staff.
Here is a list of the most commonly requested course topics, but we can also tailor a topic to better fit your needs.
- Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
- The Art of Taking a Medical History
- Coding and Documentation for your Cataract Surgeon
- Coding Office Visits
- Co-Management of Postoperative Care
- Getting Ready for ICD-10-CM
- Ophthalmic Tests
- Reimbursement for Evaluating and Treating Dry Eyes
- Reimbursement for Eyeglasses
- Surgical Coding, Bundling and Modifiers
- Technician’s Role in Practice Compliance
- Latest Issues Affecting Ophthalmology and Optometry Practices
- Charting and Reimbursement Issues in ASCs
- Common Billing and Documentation Errors
- Developing a Quality Assurance Program
- How to Attract (Unwanted) Attention from Medicare
- Practice Patterns
Each training program is carefully planned. The consultant tailors the presentation, handouts, and case studies to the expected audience (MD, DO, OD, optician, technicians, billing staff, etc.) and geographic location. Whenever possible, local policies are reviewed and discussed.